1 day ago
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
how to make those long family car rides shorter
Just got back from the Pediatric Urologists. The doctor informed me of something that I thought other parents might find interesting. Red food coloring is a diuretic. Red coloring is also in purple, pink and sometimes orange food products. Remember that on your next road trip with the family and the kids want a grape Gatorade. The fewer the stops the better for my husband, so I found this information valuable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Hi. I stopped by your blog because you like homeschooling and mountain biking, like me! What the heck is a "ten cow woman" though? My mind is racing...
Um, interesting on the food coloring thing though. Little tidbits of wisdom are priceless!
Nice to make your aquaintence Renee. I wished you lived nearby so we could hit the trails together. I loved reading your bio. Its nice to know that there are other Christian mothers out there that love their jobs. A 10 cow woman comes from an old Polynesian tale. I reccomend watching "The Legend of Johnny Lingo," the old and new version for I covers the tale. It is a great family flick for all ages and helps teach the importance of self worth and the value of others.
Ah! Thanks for the explanation!
Hope to read more soon!
Interesting discovery, Heather! I wonder if strawberry gatorade qualifies ...
First of all, the bangs are great. You couldn't have a bad hair cut if you tried because you are so darn pretty. Second, I can't believe your kids are big enough to do that hike! That's a big deal! Wow. And Third, I can't believe you're moving across the country! That's so exciting! So great to catch up. Miss you guys. We really need to do our get-together. Let's do it in the Fall??
Trina, anything with red coloring does the job on us.
I am up for it any time after the fall, Shawni. It would be so wonderful.
Ah yes, that is good to know. Marc times our pit stops when we are on road trips yelling, "go, go, go!"
How are your new digs?
Eastern Oregon is treating us really well. Evertone is super friendly. That is something easy to get used to. I am also loving walking or biking almost everywhere in town. Dan is 5 blocks from work. We are saving tons not using these cars so much.
Post a Comment