Saturday, August 7, 2010


After excitedly cooking up our first batch of our home grown bacon I can say that it wasn't bad.  It wasn't the best bacon I have ever had either. The meat was good: I just wasn't head over heals about the cure.  Next time we will get the bacon from the butcher and smoke it ourselves.  I could go on about the health benefits from knowing what goes into your food, but overwhelmingly the satisfaction came from the meat resulting from our own efforts. Tomorrow we will see how those baby back ribs are like.

Yes, I do like it crispy.

2 comments:

Barbara Brady Stevens said...

It is fascinating to think that you actually went through the whole process and knew exactly what was on your plate. The rest of us have to wonder and hope.

Liza Jane said...

Mmmm, bacon. I like it crispy too!